32bit VM hosted on a 64bit host OS

Erik Wellander
Is it possible to run a 32bit VM paralell with a 64bit VM on a 64bit
host?

Thanks!

/Erik Wellander

Re: 32bit VM hosted on a 64bit host OS

Goetz Bock

On Thu, Jan 12 '06 at 14:58, Erik Wellander wrote:
> Is it possible to run a 32bit VM paralell with a 64bit VM on a 64bit
> host?
Yes. I'm running debian sarge amd64 and the 32bit version on my xen3
server. But you must always use the 64bit kernel.
--
/"\ Goetz Bock at blacknet dot de  --  secure mobile Linux everNETting
\ /       (c) 2006 Creative Commons, Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 de

Re: 32bit VM hosted on a 64bit host OS

Mark Williamson
* You can only run 64 bit paravirtualised (Xen-native) kernels on 64-bit Xen
* but a 64 bit kernel could still run a 32 bit userspace if you wanted
* if you have VT hardware, you can run unmodified 32-bt and 64-bit guests on
64-bit Xen.  I guess the same would be true for Pacifica hardware, but don't
know for sure.

HTH,
Mark

--
Dave: Just a question. What use is a unicyle with no seat?  And no pedals!
Dave: Skateboards have wheels.