ALTQ on FreeBSD running as a domU.

Thomas Andersson-2
Does anybody know if it's possible to use ALTQ on a domU running FreeBSD.
My current setup is a dedicated OpenBSD machine with PF and ALTQ that uses CBQ
for packet queing and doing NAT for my internal LAN.
I have 1 FreeBSD host in DMZ and a couple of Linux and Windows machines on my
private LAN.

I would like a setup with a FreeBSD domU running as a NAT firewall with ALTQ
for my internal LAN and some domU machines in a DMZ.
This setup would require that the FreeBSD domU have access to at least 2
physical interfaces and at least 1 virtual.

Is this setup at all possible ?

//BlueScreeN.

Re: ALTQ on FreeBSD running as a domU.

Ariel E. Antigua
Thomas Andersson wrote:

>Does anybody know if it's possible to use ALTQ on a domU running FreeBSD.
>My current setup is a dedicated OpenBSD machine with PF and ALTQ that uses CBQ
>for packet queing and doing NAT for my internal LAN.
>I have 1 FreeBSD host in DMZ and a couple of Linux and Windows machines on my
>private LAN.
>
>I would like a setup with a FreeBSD domU running as a NAT firewall with ALTQ
>for my internal LAN and some domU machines in a DMZ.
>This setup would require that the FreeBSD domU have access to at least 2
>physical interfaces and at least 1 virtual.
>
>Is this setup at all possible ?
>
>//BlueScreeN.

>[hidden email]
>http://lists.xensource.com/xen-users

Are you already running FreeBSD as domU ??

--
        - ariel
        ariel en BSDlatino . org

Re: ALTQ on FreeBSD running as a domU.

Thomas Andersson-2
Nope not yet.

I thought there would be no reason for it unless I can have full ALTQ
functionality.
I'll just stick with my OpenBSD machine if ALTQ is not possible in a domU.

//BlueScreeN.