Announcing Xen Project 4.9 RC and Test Day Schedule

Announcing Xen Project 4.9 RC and Test Day Schedule

Lars Kurth-4
Dear community members,

today we created Xen 4.9 RC1 (see https://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2017-04/msg01899.html)

== Subsequent RC's ==

We will release a new release candidate every week on Friday, until we declare a release candidate as the final candidate and cut the Xen 4.9 release. The projected dates for the next RC's will be

 Xen 4.8 RC2: April 21
 Xen 4.8 RC3: April 28
 Xen 4.8 RC4: May 5
 Xen 4.8 RC5: May 12

Release candidates are available from our git repository at

 git://xenbits.xenproject.org/xen.git (tag 4.9.0-<rc>)

where <rc> is rc1, rc2, rc3, etc. and as tarball from

 https://downloads.xenproject.org/release/xen/4.9.0-<rc>/xen-4.9.0-<rc>.tar.gz
 https://downloads.xenproject.org/release/xen/4.9.0-<rc>/xen-4.9.0-<rc>.tar.gz.sig

Detailed build and Install instructions can be found on the Test Day Wiki (https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_4.9_RC_test_instructions#Installing). Make sure you check the known issues section of the instructions (https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_4.9_RC_test_instructions#Known_issues) before trying to download an RC.

Note that RC’s are announced on the following mailing lists:
 xen-announce
 xen-devel
 xen-users

Make sure that you are subscribed to at least one of those lists.

== Test Day schedule ==

We will also hold a Test Day every TUESDAY for the release candidate that was released the week prior to the Test Day starting from RC2.

This means we will have Test Days on
 April 25th
 May 2nd
 May 9th
 May 16th

Your testing is still valuable on other days, so please feel free to send Test Reports as outlined below at any time.

== Testing new Features, Test and Bug Reports ==

You can find Test Instructions for new features on our Test Day Wiki (https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_4.9_RC_test_instructions) and instructions for general tests on Testing Xen (https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Testing_Xen). The following pages provide information on how to report successful tests (https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_4.9_RC_test_instructions#Reporting_success) and how to report bugs and issues (https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_4.9_RC_test_instructions#Reporting_Bugs_.28.26_Issues.29).

Happy Testing!

Best Regards
Lars