Athereos Wireless Domain 0

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Athereos Wireless Domain 0

Shyam Sundar-4
Hi Folks,

I am trying to get my wireless network card work under dom0 of XEN. I
could successfully install the ndiswrapper drivers and could see it
being associated to
AP.

However I amn't able to transmit any packets outbound. I could'nt even
ping the AP.
Interestingly when I run a tcpdump I can see few broadcast packets on
the interface. There no rules in iptables for nat or filter or mangle.
Neither did I start /setup any bridge setup.

strace on ping gives me "EAGAIN Resource temporarily unavialable" errors.

Even with madwifi drivers and it is the same story.  The drivers work
perfectly on Fedora core 3 kernel.

Am I missing something obvious ?

Any help would be appreciated.


Regards
Syam

_______________________________________________
Xen-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xensource.com/xen-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: Athereos Wireless Domain 0

Ian Pratt
 

> I am trying to get my wireless network card work under dom0
> of XEN. I could successfully install the ndiswrapper drivers
> and could see it being associated to AP.
>
> However I amn't able to transmit any packets outbound. I
> could'nt even ping the AP.
> Interestingly when I run a tcpdump I can see few broadcast
> packets on the interface. There no rules in iptables for nat
> or filter or mangle.
> Neither did I start /setup any bridge setup.

Does /proc/interrupts look like its going up? (I presume you've checked
the interface has an IP address and routes OK?)

Ian

> strace on ping gives me "EAGAIN Resource temporarily
> unavialable" errors.
>
> Even with madwifi drivers and it is the same story.  The
> drivers work perfectly on Fedora core 3 kernel.
>
> Am I missing something obvious ?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
>
> Regards
> Syam
>
> _______________________________________________
> Xen-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.xensource.com/xen-users
>

_______________________________________________
Xen-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xensource.com/xen-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Athereos Wireless Domain 0

Deepak Manohar
Hi Shyam,

 We have wireless working in both dom0 and domU.

 For further information email [hidden email].




On 6/13/05, Ian Pratt <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> > I am trying to get my wireless network card work under dom0
> > of XEN. I could successfully install the ndiswrapper drivers
> > and could see it being associated to AP.
> >
> > However I amn't able to transmit any packets outbound. I
> > could'nt even ping the AP.
> > Interestingly when I run a tcpdump I can see few broadcast
> > packets on the interface. There no rules in iptables for nat
> > or filter or mangle.
> > Neither did I start /setup any bridge setup.
>
> Does /proc/interrupts look like its going up? (I presume you've checked
> the interface has an IP address and routes OK?)
>
> Ian
>
> > strace on ping gives me "EAGAIN Resource temporarily
> > unavialable" errors.
> >
> > Even with madwifi drivers and it is the same story.  The
> > drivers work perfectly on Fedora core 3 kernel.
> >
> > Am I missing something obvious ?
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated.
> >
> >
> > Regards
> > Syam
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > Xen-users mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > http://lists.xensource.com/xen-users
> >
>
> _______________________________________________
> Xen-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.xensource.com/xen-users
>

_______________________________________________
Xen-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xensource.com/xen-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Athereos Wireless Domain 0

Shyam Sundar-4
Ian -

The interrupt counter is increasing for the IRQ 10 (used by
ndiswrapper). The ndiswrapper entry in /proc/interrupts for XEN looks
like
=======
 10:       9122        Phys-irq  ndiswrapper, uhci_hcd
=======
On Fedora Core 3
=======
 10:     314564          XT-PIC  ndiswrapper, uhci_hcd
=======
and yes the IP configuration and routes are fine. Please do let me
know if I can provide more information that can help you with....



Deepak -
I will write to the address you have specified.

- - Syam
On 6/13/05, Deepak Manohar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Shyam,
>
>  We have wireless working in both dom0 and domU.
>
>  For further information email [hidden email].
>
>
>
>
> On 6/13/05, Ian Pratt <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > I am trying to get my wireless network card work under dom0
> > > of XEN. I could successfully install the ndiswrapper drivers
> > > and could see it being associated to AP.
> > >
> > > However I amn't able to transmit any packets outbound. I
> > > could'nt even ping the AP.
> > > Interestingly when I run a tcpdump I can see few broadcast
> > > packets on the interface. There no rules in iptables for nat
> > > or filter or mangle.
> > > Neither did I start /setup any bridge setup.
> >
> > Does /proc/interrupts look like its going up? (I presume you've checked
> > the interface has an IP address and routes OK?)
> >
> > Ian
> >
> > > strace on ping gives me "EAGAIN Resource temporarily
> > > unavialable" errors.
> > >
> > > Even with madwifi drivers and it is the same story.  The
> > > drivers work perfectly on Fedora core 3 kernel.
> > >
> > > Am I missing something obvious ?
> > >
> > > Any help would be appreciated.
> > >
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > Syam
> > >
> > > _______________________________________________
> > > Xen-users mailing list
> > > [hidden email]
> > > http://lists.xensource.com/xen-users
> > >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > Xen-users mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > http://lists.xensource.com/xen-users
> >
>

_______________________________________________
Xen-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xensource.com/xen-users