Best practice for file based images

Kate Dawson
Hi,

I'm currently running two Debian Stretch hosts

using xen 4.8

mounting a FreeBSD file server ZFS file system over NFS.

The virtual machine images are file based images on the NFS mounts.

What would best practice for configuring the vm disks in xen ?

use of

file: or tap2:tapdisk:aio:

The NFS is async ( and also the ZFS dataset is async ).

I'm looking to improve the disk IO throughput.

Thanks in advance.

Kate Dawson
--
"The introduction of a coordinate system to geometry is an act of violence"

Re: Best practice for file based images

Kate Dawson
Hi,

just bumping this ?

is anyone using disk images over NFS ?  If so is it better to use
file:// or tap2:tapdisk:aio://  or something else ?

Thanks in advance.

Kate Dawson

--
"The introduction of a coordinate system to geometry is an act of violence"