Debian Stretch Problems

Bill MacAllister
I am trying to bring up Xen on Debian Stretch. When I install
xen-system-amd64 and then boot the Xen kernel the system kernel panics in
the middle of the boot. This is a clean install.  I had tried an in place
upgrade of a working
Xen system on Jessie and got to same place.

Am I missing something?  What knobs can I twiddle to get a better idea of
what is going on.

Thanks in advance,

Bill

Re: Debian Stretch Problems

TMC-3
Hi Bill

Do you knwo what panics the kernel?

I had an issue with stretch on an older test rig. What I found I had to do was to stop the i915 driver from loading, in a modeset mode...

Hope this helps

Tom

On 2 July 2017 at 18:59, Bill MacAllister <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am trying to bring up Xen on Debian Stretch. When I install xen-system-amd64 and then boot the Xen kernel the system kernel panics in the middle of the boot. This is a clean install.  I had tried an in place upgrade of a working Xen system on Jessie and got to same place.

Am I missing something?  What knobs can I twiddle to get a better idea of what is going on.

Thanks in advance,

Bill

GPG key fingerprint: 07DF B95B DB58 57B6 9656  682E 830A D092 288E F017
GPG public key available on pgp(dot)net key server

Re: Debian Stretch Problems

Bill MacAllister
On Wednesday, July 5, 2017 6:00:37 AM PDT, TMC wrote:
> Hi Bill
>
> Do you knwo what panics the kernel?
>
> I had an issue with stretch on an older test rig. What I found
> I had to do was to stop the i915 driver from loading, in a
> modeset mode...

I have filed a bug report about the problem which includes the console
output up to the crash/reboot.

No, I don't know what is causing the panic.

Bill

--
Bill