Does xen support Intel Processor Trace?

Zihan Yang
I'd like to use Intel PT to analyze xen crashes, but I don't find the option in the code. Is it supported by Xen? If not, is there any plan to do so?

Re: Does xen support Intel Processor Trace?

Roger Pau Monné-3
On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 10:47:03PM -0400, Zihan Yang wrote:
> I'd like to use Intel PT to analyze xen crashes, but I don't find the

I'm not sure Intel PT is useful to analyze Xen crashes. If Xen crashes
the whole system goes down, so how are you going to fetch the trace
data then?

It could be interesting for performance analysis IMHO.

> option in the code. Is it supported by Xen? If not, is there any plan to do
> so?

You would have to ask the Intel guys.

Thanks, Roger.