FW: xen networking

mebnet

Sorry, I couldn't answer this at work and my VPN to the server is not working right now so I can't get to my network scripts.

The network-route script is simply xen not using a bridge.  The vif-route script is supposed to assign an ip address to the dom0 vif interface attached to the domU.  I had to tweak this alittle to work and gave my example in the post.   In the domU I created a /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 to assign an IP on the same subnet as the vif interface in dom0.  To ensure the vif name was consistent I added the vifname parameter in place of the bridge parameter in the config file for the domU.

I searched for and read the python scripts to find the available parameters for the config files since the documentation does not list them all.  You have to test though because some of the variables I tried to use didn't work.

I hope this information helps, let me know if you have more questions.

maxb