Fail to boot Xen raw image with hda converted from VMWARE vmdk image with scsi

Fail to boot Xen raw image with hda converted from VMWARE vmdk image with scsi

Lu.YJ

Hi everyone,

1.      I try to boot a raw image with hda under Xen hypervisor converted by VMWARE vmdk image with scsi, but fail to boot with error message “Error loading operating system” below”.

Who can give me a favor?

2.      Under vSphere,  create a windows XP VM with scsi storage then install a windows XP to the SCSI storage called xp.vmdk in the VM via iso file. Can successfully boot the VM under VMWARE hypervisor. Shutdown the VM.

3.      Use tool qemu-img to convert the vmware VM image xp.vmdk to raw image called xp.raw

4.      Create a XEN VM with hda to xp.raw. During booting the XEN VM, will appear the error message “Error loading operating system” below.

5.      I modify ide.c and rombios.c in xen hypervisor per the following link then rebuild hypervisor then replace “qemu-img and hvmload” with the built ones, but still fail to successfully boot with the same error message.

http://xen.1045712.n5.nabble.com/PATCH-0-2-Fix-could-not-boot-vm-image-which-converted-from-phy-partition-td2548812.html

Note: My Xen platform is the CentOS5.5 64bit bundled with Xen 3.1.2.

Linux 2.6.18-194.8.1.el5xen #1 SMP Thu Feb 10 11:27:38 CST 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

xen_major              : 3

xen_minor              : 1

xen_extra              : .2-194.8.1.el5

Thanks.

Re: Fail to boot Xen raw image with hda converted from VMWARE vmdk image with scsi

sandbox-2
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.