First run of xen on arm

Ajay Garg
Hi All.

I installed xen-hypervisor-4.4-armhf on a beaglebone-green-wireless.

Thereafter, decompiled
/boot/dtbs/4.4.9-ti-r25/am335x-bonegreen-wireless.dtb, and added the
following (as referenced from
https://xenbits.xen.org/docs/4.6-testing/misc/arm/device-tree/booting.txt)
:

module@0xd0000000 {
compatible = "xen,linux-initrd", "xen,multiboot-module";
reg = <0xd0000000 0x5678>;
};

Thereafter, compiled back to latest dtb, and rebooted the beaglebone.
But in dmesg, nothing related to xen is shown, and "sudo xl list"
still shows "ERROR:  Can't find hypervisor information in sysfs!"

Are there a more step-by-step instructions to help newbies like me to
get started with xen on arm?
Any pointers will be really appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
Ajay

Re: First run of xen on arm

Julien Grall-3

On 09/04/18 10:44, Ajay Garg wrote:
> Hi All.
>
> I installed xen-hypervisor-4.4-armhf on a beaglebone-green-wireless.

I am afraid that Xen 4.4 is far too old for me to spend time helping.
Please move to at least the latest release (4.10). But ... beaglebone
does not have any virtualization support, so boot Xen on Arm is not
going to work.

> Thereafter, decompiled
> /boot/dtbs/4.4.9-ti-r25/am335x-bonegreen-wireless.dtb, and added the
> following (as referenced from
> https://xenbits.xen.org/docs/4.6-testing/misc/arm/device-tree/booting.txt)

Above you say you are using Xen 4.4. Please use documentation from
release you used as hypervisor has evolved quite a lot.

Julien Grall