FreeBSD PVH domu

bobbisanchez@gmx.de
Hey, what is the exactly hardware requierement to run an 'freebsd' PVH domu?

Both, amd and intel, which cpu flags does the cpu are requiere (like ept for intel and what about amd) ?

the wiki only say Intel with EPT ....

LG Bobbi

Re: FreeBSD PVH domu

Roger Pau Monné-3
On Sat, Jul 29, 2017 at 04:30:44PM +0200, Bobbi Sanchez wrote:
> Hey, what is the exactly hardware requierement to run an 'freebsd' PVH domu?

It depends.

With Xen < 4.9 (that still has PVHv1 support), the requirement is an
Intel CPU with EPT support. Starting from Xen 4.9 there's no longer
support for PVHv1 (only PVHv2) and I still have to upstream that into
FreeBSD. I have a proof of concept implementation I use for my own
testing purposes, but it's not yet ready for upstream:

git://xenbits.xen.org/people/royger/freebsd.git pvh_wip

In any case, for PVHv2 the requirement is going to be an IOMMU for
Dom0 support, and for DomU support just VMX/SVM.

Roger.