Give HVM DomU Control of Wifi Card

Duncan X Simpson
I'm running a Mikrotik Cloud Hosted Router as an HVM DomU. How do I give it full control of the wifi card instead of my Dom0? The DomU needs to be able to associate and disassociate with networks, as well as host them, so NAT and bridging don't work.
--

Duncan X. Simpson, K7DXS

Re: Give HVM DomU Control of Wifi Card

Dario Faggioli-2
On Thu, 2017-04-20 at 03:08 +0000, Duncan X. Simpson wrote:
> I'm running a Mikrotik Cloud Hosted Router as an HVM DomU. How do I
> give it full control of the wifi card instead of my Dom0? The DomU
> needs to be able to associate and disassociate with networks, as well
> as host them, so NAT and bridging don't work.

By passing through the network card to the DomU?

https://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_PCI_Passthrough

QubesOS does something like that (well, more than just that!) and, if
configured properly, it did work for me on my laptop

http://theinvisiblethings.blogspot.it/2011/09/playing-with-qubes-networ
king-for-fun.html

Dario

Re: Give HVM DomU Control of Wifi Card

Duncan X Simpson

I'd like to do it using my existing Xen system running on Arch Linux. Is that possible?