Gplpv on windows 7 problem

Fantu
I have server with dom0 xen4 from hg-unstable update, kernel 2.6.32.10 pv_ops update
I have install gplpv on domU windows 7 pro 64 bit...
gplpv_XP_0.10.0.142_debug.msi installed but not boot
gplpv_XP_0.11.0.188_debug.msi and gplpv_XP_0.11.0.213_debug.msi give error on installer:
Testsigning must be on for x64 when installing on Vista or newer.
But testsigning is on

RE: Gplpv on windows 7 problem

James Harper

> I have server with dom0 xen4 from hg-unstable update, kernel 2.6.32.10
pv_ops
> update
> I have install gplpv on domU windows 7 pro 64 bit...
> gplpv_XP_0.10.0.142_debug.msi installed but not boot
> gplpv_XP_0.11.0.188_debug.msi and gplpv_XP_0.11.0.213_debug.msi give
error
> on installer:
> Testsigning must be on for x64 when installing on Vista or newer.
> But testsigning is on

The XP build is 32 bit only and is really meant for XP only (I think I
had to disable some stuff that is 2003 and above only)

For Windows 7, use gplpv_Vista2008x64_0.11.0.213_debug.msi. I did an
install yesterday on 2008R2 and it worked just fine.

James

RE: Gplpv on windows 7 problem

Fantu
sorry, i wrong name file copy, is all 3 Vista2008x64 use on w7 64 bit
James Harper wrote

> I have server with dom0 xen4 from hg-unstable update, kernel 2.6.32.10
pv_ops
> update
> I have install gplpv on domU windows 7 pro 64 bit...
> gplpv_XP_0.10.0.142_debug.msi installed but not boot
> gplpv_XP_0.11.0.188_debug.msi and gplpv_XP_0.11.0.213_debug.msi give
error
> on installer:
> Testsigning must be on for x64 when installing on Vista or newer.
> But testsigning is on

The XP build is 32 bit only and is really meant for XP only (I think I
had to disable some stuff that is 2003 and above only)

For Windows 7, use gplpv_Vista2008x64_0.11.0.213_debug.msi. I did an
install yesterday on 2008R2 and it worked just fine.

James

RE: Gplpv on windows 7 problem

James Harper
Can you confirm that you turned testsigning on then rebooted then tried
the install?

James

> sorry, i wrong name file copy, is all 3 Vista2008x64 use on w7 64 bit
>
> James Harper wrote:
> >

> >> I have server with dom0 xen4 from hg-unstable update, kernel
2.6.32.10
> > pv_ops
> >> update
> >> I have install gplpv on domU windows 7 pro 64 bit...
> >> gplpv_XP_0.10.0.142_debug.msi installed but not boot
> >> gplpv_XP_0.11.0.188_debug.msi and gplpv_XP_0.11.0.213_debug.msi
give
> > error
> >> on installer:
> >> Testsigning must be on for x64 when installing on Vista or newer.
> >> But testsigning is on
> >
> > The XP build is 32 bit only and is really meant for XP only (I think

> > had to disable some stuff that is 2003 and above only)
> >
> > For Windows 7, use gplpv_Vista2008x64_0.11.0.213_debug.msi. I did an
> > install yesterday on 2008R2 and it worked just fine.
> >
> > James

RE: Gplpv on windows 7 problem

Fantu
Yes, i have do with boot and registry
The last 0.10 install without error but not boot after
With the 2 build 0.11 always this error of testsigning on installer, search here in other post and other site but not found solution
James Harper wrote

James

RE: Gplpv on windows 7 problem

James Harper

> Yes, i have do with boot and registry

What do you mean by registry? Due to a bug in previous versions you had
to change the registry to fix the 'TESTSIGNING' entry but not anymore,
and if you do that you'll get the error you are seeing.

James

RE: Gplpv on windows 7 problem

Fantu
Thanks for help
I have try all with build 188 but nothing i have try with 213 but always nothing, now i have try 213 on clean windows7 do only bcdedit.exe /set TESTSIGNING ON and install work, only one other error external on driver close, i have restart and boot ok, after restart other time for messagge and always ok
After i disable testsigning (not good show to user modality test) and not boot
James Harper wrote

> Yes, i have do with boot and registry

What do you mean by registry? Due to a bug in previous versions you had
to change the registry to fix the 'TESTSIGNING' entry but not anymore,
and if you do that you'll get the error you are seeing.

James

Re: Gplpv on windows 7 problem

Nerijus Narmontas
Search google for "disable windows 7 test watermark".

--
Nerijus

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 1:13 PM, Nerijus Narmontas
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Search google for "disable windows 7 test watermark".
>
> --
> Nerijus
>

> On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 11:45 AM, Fantu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for help
>> I have try all with build 188 but nothing i have try with 213 but always
>> nothing, now i have try 213 on clean windows7 do only bcdedit.exe /set
>> TESTSIGNING ON and install work, only one other error external on driver
>> close, i have restart and boot ok, after restart other time for messagge and
>> always ok
>> After i disable testsigning (not good show to user modality test) and not
>> boot :-(

>>> What do you mean by registry? Due to a bug in previous versions you had
>>> to change the registry to fix the 'TESTSIGNING' entry but not anymore,
>>> and if you do that you'll get the error you are seeing.
>>>
>>> James

Re: Gplpv on windows 7 problem

Fantu
thanks, i have continued test with pv (with testsigning on)...
shutdown monitor not work
on save/restore after restore os crash
cdrom work
network work

build used is 213, s.o. windows 7 pro 64 bit
Nerijus Narmontas wrote

<n.narmontas@gmail.com> wrote:
> Search google for "disable windows 7 test watermark".
>
> --
> Nerijus
>

> On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 11:45 AM, Fantu <fantonifabio@tiscali.it> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for help
>> I have try all with build 188 but nothing i have try with 213 but always
>> nothing, now i have try 213 on clean windows7 do only bcdedit.exe /set
>> TESTSIGNING ON and install work, only one other error external on driver
>> close, i have restart and boot ok, after restart other time for messagge and
>> always ok
>> After i disable testsigning (not good show to user modality test) and not
>> boot :-(

>>> What do you mean by registry? Due to a bug in previous versions you had
>>> to change the registry to fix the 'TESTSIGNING' entry but not anymore,
>>> and if you do that you'll get the error you are seeing.
>>>
>>> James

Re: Gplpv on windows 7 problem

Fantu
Now with xen from hg 4.0 testing (changeset 21209) and kernel from git xen/stable-2.6.32.x (commit 01d9fbca207ec232c758d991d66466fc6e38349e), 12 domU windows xp with 0.11.213 all work some days without problem
Today i have try with windows 7 pro oem ita 64 bit and gplpv vista/2008 64 bit 0.11.213 all work except shutdown monitor, is only my problem?
Fantu wrote

<n.narmontas@gmail.com> wrote:
> Search google for "disable windows 7 test watermark".
>
> --
> Nerijus
>

> On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 11:45 AM, Fantu <fantonifabio@tiscali.it> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for help
>> I have try all with build 188 but nothing i have try with 213 but always
>> nothing, now i have try 213 on clean windows7 do only bcdedit.exe /set
>> TESTSIGNING ON and install work, only one other error external on driver
>> close, i have restart and boot ok, after restart other time for messagge and
>> always ok
>> After i disable testsigning (not good show to user modality test) and not
>> boot :-(

>>> What do you mean by registry? Due to a bug in previous versions you had
>>> to change the registry to fix the 'TESTSIGNING' entry but not anymore,
>>> and if you do that you'll get the error you are seeing.
>>>
>>> James

Re: Gplpv on windows 7 problem

Fantu
I have try the new build (238), the problem persists, everything worked except shutdown monitor on windows 7 pro 64 bit