Inter-domain event channel question

Ruslan Nikolaev-2
Hi

I want to set up an inter-domain event channel, and I want to receive interrupts in both directions (i.e. Dom1 can independently send an interrupt to Dom2 or vice versa).Do I need to have just 2 ports: one is on Dom 1 and the other one on Dom 2, and on each domain I simply bind it to the corresponding interrupt handler? Or do I need to have 4 ports: one pair is used for Dom2-to-Dom1 interrupts and the other pair for Dom1-to-Dom2 interrupts?

I would greatly appreciate if someone can explain it!

Ruslan

http://lists.xen.org/xen-devel

Re: Inter-domain event channel question

Jan Beulich-2
>>> On 03.05.12 at 20:46, Ruslan Nikolaev <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I want to set up an inter-domain event channel, and I want to receive
> interrupts in both directions (i.e. Dom1 can independently send an interrupt
> to Dom2 or vice versa).Do I need to have just 2 ports: one is on Dom 1 and
> the other one on Dom 2, and on each domain I simply bind it to the
> corresponding interrupt handler? Or do I need to have 4 ports: one pair is
> used for Dom2-to-Dom1 interrupts and the other pair for Dom1-to-Dom2 interrupts?

One port on each end should suffice.

Jan

http://lists.xen.org/xen-devel

Re: Inter-domain event channel question

Ruslan Nikolaev-2
Thanks!

Also, if I pass some parameters in shared buffer (a shared page between domains), is it required to use a memory barrier before 'notify_remote_via_evtchn'?

Ruslan