MTU-1492 Permenent Setting for Xen Specific Interfaces

MTU-1492 Permenent Setting for Xen Specific Interfaces

Steven Anderson
Greetings! Happy Holiday Season!

I am able to put the MTU setting for physical interfaces like eth0 in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
the paramterer is called MTU=

I am also to do it on the fly with ifconfig eth0 mtu 1492

However the on the fly fails with the peth0 interface ( which I am not sure what it does anyways? Anyone Know?)

MY BIGGEST PROBLEM  is for the xen specific interfaces such as xenbr0 vif1.0 in both dom0 and domU I would like to set them all to 1492 which I I might later change to 1400 ...Anyone know how to specify MTU=1492 and where to do it for those interfaces???????????????????????????

NOTE: from what i understand 802.1q doesnt work properly unless you make a MTU less than 1000 on some interfaces ( anyone with details on this ...I welcome your comments since after getting the basics I might implement this later on my test system)

Thanks in advance!

Happy Holidays!