Making config files from a running machine

Making config files from a running machine

JP P
Hello,

Is there a command to generate a config file from a running virtual
machine ?
As I use the commands through virt-manager I didn't have config files to
put in my SVN archives.

Regards

JPP

Re: Making config files from a running machine

Fajar A. Nugraha-3
On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 5:59 PM, JP P <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there a command to generate a config file from a running virtual
> machine ?
> As I use the commands through virt-manager I didn't have config files to
> put in my SVN archives.

Try either
- xm -l domU_name > domU_config.sxp

or (in the case of xend-managed domUs)

- virsh domuuid domU_name
- copy /var/lib/xend/domains/<uuid_from_first_step>/config.sxp, store
it on your SVN archive

Either way, you'd get new (sxp-style) domU config file. If you have a
recent-enough libvirt, you might be able to do this

- virsh dumpxml domU_name > domU_name.xml
- virsh domxml-to-native xen-xm domU_name.xml

... which should give you old-style xen config file

--
Fajar

Re: Making config files from a running machine

Jean-Paul Pozzi
Le lundi 17 mai 2010 à 22:07 +0700, Fajar A. Nugraha a écrit :

> - virsh dumpxml domU_name > domU_name.xml
> - virsh domxml-to-native xen-xm domU_name.xml

Thanks, the process works well, I am able to save (and use) generated
config files like other older style "hand made" config files.

Regards

JPP