Networking from domu to the outside

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Networking from domu to the outside

Kris Amy
Hi All,

First of all my setup looks like this

Router (A.B.C.D) - dom0(A.B.C.D+1) - domU(A.B.C.D+2)

I can ping from domU -> dom0 and visa versa.
I can ping from dom0 -> Router.
I can't ping from domU -> Router.

I have read a fair amount of posts from the archives and nothing seems
to point me in the right direction.

I have checked that the bridge is up and the routing seems to be correct.

Kind Regards,
Kris Amy

_______________________________________________
Xen-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xensource.com/xen-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Networking from domu to the outside

Marcus Brown
Hi Kris,

> First of all my setup looks like this
>
> Router (A.B.C.D) - dom0(A.B.C.D+1) - domU(A.B.C.D+2)
>
> I can ping from domU -> dom0 and visa versa.
> I can ping from dom0 -> Router.
> I can't ping from domU -> Router.

It would appear that either domU doesn't know how to reach the router,
and/or dom0 isn't forwarding IP.

Perhaps you could try the following?

The domU will need dom0 as it's gateway, so the routing table in
domU should be something like:
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface
A.B.C.0   0.0.0.0         255.255.255.0 U     0      0        0 eth0
0.0.0.0         A.B.C.D+1   0.0.0.0         UG    0      0        0 eth0

Also, ensure that port forwarding is enabled in the dom0:
#echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward


Marcus.

_______________________________________________
Xen-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xensource.com/xen-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Networking from domu to the outside

Kris Amy
Hi Marcus,

I checked that and still no go.

Is there any issues currently with 2.0.6 and dom0 having multiple ip's?

Cheers,
KA

Marcus Brown wrote:

>Hi Kris,
>
>  
>
>>First of all my setup looks like this
>>
>>Router (A.B.C.D) - dom0(A.B.C.D+1) - domU(A.B.C.D+2)
>>
>>I can ping from domU -> dom0 and visa versa.
>>I can ping from dom0 -> Router.
>>I can't ping from domU -> Router.
>>    
>>
>
>It would appear that either domU doesn't know how to reach the router,
>and/or dom0 isn't forwarding IP.
>
>Perhaps you could try the following?
>
>The domU will need dom0 as it's gateway, so the routing table in
>domU should be something like:
>Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface
>A.B.C.0   0.0.0.0         255.255.255.0 U     0      0        0 eth0
>0.0.0.0         A.B.C.D+1   0.0.0.0         UG    0      0        0 eth0
>
>Also, ensure that port forwarding is enabled in the dom0:
>#echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
>
>
>Marcus.
>  
>


_______________________________________________
Xen-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xensource.com/xen-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Networking from domu to the outside

Chris Wedgwood
On Mon, Aug 22, 2005 at 11:23:37AM +1000, Kris Amy wrote:

> I checked that and still no go.

Do "tcpdump -ln -s1500 -iany" and watch a ping from domU to the
router.

_______________________________________________
Xen-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xensource.com/xen-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Networking from domu to the outside

Kris Amy
In reply to this post by Kris Amy
Hi All,


After disabling the alias on dom0 and rebooting everything works...Strange.

Thanks everyone for the help.

Cheers,
KA

Kris Amy wrote:

> Hi Marcus,
>
> I checked that and still no go.
>
> Is there any issues currently with 2.0.6 and dom0 having multiple ip's?
>
> Cheers,
> KA
>
> Marcus Brown wrote:
>
>> Hi Kris,
>>
>>  
>>
>>> First of all my setup looks like this
>>>
>>> Router (A.B.C.D) - dom0(A.B.C.D+1) - domU(A.B.C.D+2)
>>>
>>> I can ping from domU -> dom0 and visa versa.
>>> I can ping from dom0 -> Router.
>>> I can't ping from domU -> Router.
>>>  
>>
>>
>> It would appear that either domU doesn't know how to reach the router,
>> and/or dom0 isn't forwarding IP.
>>
>> Perhaps you could try the following?
>>
>> The domU will need dom0 as it's gateway, so the routing table in
>> domU should be something like:
>> Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    
>> Use Iface
>> A.B.C.0       0.0.0.0         255.255.255.0     U     0      0        
>> 0 eth0
>> 0.0.0.0         A.B.C.D+1       0.0.0.0         UG    0      0        
>> 0 eth0
>>
>> Also, ensure that port forwarding is enabled in the dom0:
>> #echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
>>
>>
>> Marcus.
>>  
>>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Xen-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.xensource.com/xen-users



_______________________________________________
Xen-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xensource.com/xen-users