No PMU driver, software events only

Alina
Hello,

I am trying to measure the performance counters on XenServer's Dom0 using the linux perf tool, but I get <not supported> for all of the performance counters. I ran the command "dmesg" and noticed this line: "Performance Events: running under Xen, no PMU driver, software events only."

I know that I must enable the PMU in order  for the perf monitoring to work, but what can be done when there is no PMU driver? I tried searching on Google for methods of installing the driver, but found nothing.

Can you help me with this issue?

Thank you,
Alina