Options for graphics in Xen console

who.are.you

Hello

I wondered if anyone knows of options for making framebuffer graphical applications work, like omxplayer or fbi, in the Xen console?

I have tried to get the Xorg *server and client* running in a domU and never had any luck. Felt like Xen with client software is not massively focused on by developers. I wondered if I can do anything with just the Xen console.

I have read a bit about a virtual frame buffer, but haven't found much info about it other than that it needs to be added during kernel compilation, and I was hoping not to go into compiling kernels. I'm using Debian.

Re: Options for graphics in Xen console

Dario Faggioli
On Sun, 2017-10-22 at 15:31 +0000, [hidden email] wrote:
> Hello
>
> I wondered if anyone knows of options for making framebuffer
> graphical applications work, like omxplayer or fbi, in the Xen
> console?
>
> I have tried to get the Xorg *server and client* running in a domU
> and never had any luck.

What does this mean, exactly? What guest type (HVM or PV), what (guest)
OS/distribution are we talking about?

Certainly, Xorg&Friends run properly in Xen guests, e.g., installing a
Linux distribution from its installation image and the running it...

Regards,
Dario