PS/2 keyboard passthrough

Лоренс Гвайн
Hi!

Does qemu-xen-traditional have option to do PS/2 keyboard passthrough to domU?
Needed something like "-object input-linux,id=kbd,evdev=/dev/input/event1,grab_all=on,repeat=on" in upstream qemu.

Other info:
I'm using XEN with primary gpu passtrough on my laptop: openSUSE Tumbleweed, Linux 4.11.8-2-default, Xen 4.9.0_08-3, gpu Intel HD 4400.
I want to use laptop's keyboard not external usb one. At this moment I'm using workaround via Synergy.

Thanks!

Re: PS/2 keyboard passthrough

Jiri 'Ghormoon' Novak
Hi,

I'm pretty sure this was added to qemu quite recently (1-1.5year ago) so I don't think there's real chance of getting it to qemu-traditional. is there anything blocking you from using recent qemu?

Gh.

Лоренс Гвайн wrote:
Hi!

Does qemu-xen-traditional have option to do PS/2 keyboard passthrough to domU?
Needed something like "-object input-linux,id=kbd,evdev=/dev/input/event1,grab_all=on,repeat=on" in upstream qemu.

Other info:
I'm using XEN with primary gpu passtrough on my laptop: openSUSE Tumbleweed, Linux 4.11.8-2-default, Xen 4.9.0_08-3, gpu Intel HD 4400.
I want to use laptop's keyboard not external usb one. At this moment I'm using workaround via Synergy.

Thanks!

Re: PS/2 keyboard passthrough

Лоренс Гвайн
is there anything blocking you from using recent qemu?

 Yes. As I know primary gpu passtrough don't work with upstream qemu.
If I change device_model_version='qemu-xen-traditional' to 'qemu-xen' then it will not load and xl top shows vm staying in blocked state.

Also, I tried do gpu passtrough via qemu+kvm, but didn't succeed.

Re: PS/2 keyboard passthrough

Jiri 'Ghormoon' Novak
Hi,

with my laptop I actually had better experience with recent qemu, but I gave up on xen back then and went to kvm instead.
Then got stuck on that I need PS/2 passthrough, hacked it in, discussed it with kraxel and he rather rewritten it himself. my hacks in qemu were too awful xD

But yeah, it needs a lot of debugging and experimenting and it is not that easy when you cut off yourself off the machine with only gpu :)
I have radeon gpu in the laptop though, no idea on intel ones, there were even some patches for that that might not be in the qemu and will need to recompile for that? not sure :(

Gh.