Passthrough of Marvell 88SE9230 card

Konrad Eisele
I'm trying to passthrough a 4 port Sata Marvell 88SE9230  card to a
Xen guest.
My system is
 - GA-970A-DS3P board with a AMD FX(tm)-8350 AMD cpu
 - dom0: Ubutu 18.04 4.15.0-29-generic Xen-4.9
 - Guest is a FreeBSD (FreeNAS 11.2-beta1) installation.
The 88SE9230 card is/seems to be passed through to the Xen guest
(when looking at lspci and pciconf), however there is a strange behaviour:
Of the 4 SATA ports of the  Marvell 88SE9230 card only the last port
detects a disk, i.e. when I have port 2 and 3 populated then only the
disk at port 3 is detected, when I have port 0 and 1 populated then only
port 1 is detecting a disk.
When running the same Guest in KVM instead with linux "iommu=pt", then
the card works as expected and all disk are detected.
Is there something I can do to make this work? Is there maybe a iommu
feature that KVM handles by default and that I have to specify in Xen
explicitly?

Re: Passthrough of Marvell 88SE9230 card

Konrad Eisele
append: I tried a Ubuntu 18.04 livecd as Xen guest and there the disks are
recognized. I have also verified that normal install of FreeBSD detects the disks.
So it seems to be a FreeBSD issue when running inside a Xen guest.