Plan9 on xen

Ricardo-3
I went through the instructions on the Bell Labs wiki
(http://www.cs.bell-labs.com/wiki/plan9/Installing_in_Xen/index.html),
and am literally at the last step of the process, where I can create a
new plan9 domain via xm.  However, I get the following:

$ xm create plan9 -c
Using config file "/etc/xen/plan9".
Started domain plan9, console on port 999
************ REMOTE CONSOLE: CTRL-] TO QUIT ********
sdxenverify+0: nr 0
XENFE:find_dev_by_handle 0 np 802833dc np->dev 806e3630
There's still a leak in vif_disconnect
CONNECT: message sent. Set something to 0 just to see
CONNECT: set it
===========> status changed! msg length 12 want 12
===========> blkif_status_change to 1
XENFE:find_dev_by_handle 0 np 802833dc np->dev 806e3630
===========> status changed! msg length 12 want 12
===========> blkif_status_change to 2
===========> evtchn for blkif is 3
====> enable disk interrupt
New packet: 806eb278 8 bytes
0x0: 00 00 00 00 02 be 01 00
end of packet
Pointer is 806f1000
Disk 0 cap 2097152 dev 1792 info 0x20
======> init device 0
capacity is 2097152
=========> controller connected
sdxenverify-0: nr 1
sdxenverify+1: nr 1
sdxenverify-1: nr 1
sdxenverify+2: nr 1
sdxenverify-2: nr 1
sdxenverify+3: nr 1
sdxenverify-3: nr 1
sdxenverify+4: nr 1
sdxenverify-4: nr 1
sdxenverify+5: nr 1
sdxenverify-5: nr 1
sdxenverify+6: nr 1
sdxenverify-6: nr 1
sdxenverify+7: nr 1
sdxenverify-7: nr 1
sdxenverify+8: nr 1
sdxenverify-8: nr 1
sdxenverify+9: nr 1
sdxenverify-9: nr 1
sdxenverify+10: nr 1
sdxenverify-10: nr 1
sdxenverify+11: nr 1
sdxenverify-11: nr 1
sdxenverify+12: nr 1
sdxenverify-12: nr 1
sdxenverify+13: nr 1
sdxenverify-13: nr 1
sdxenverify+14: nr 1
sdxenverify-14: nr 1
sdxenverify+15: nr 1
sdxenverify-15: nr 1
#S/sd00/: part plan9 32 2097152
#S/sd00/: part 9fat 32 204832
#S/sd00/: part nvram 204832 204833
#S/sd00/: part fossil 204833 1892352
#S/sd00/: part swap 1892352 2097152
bad nvram key
bad authentication id
bad authentication domain
authid:

The cursor hangs at the end of the "authid:" line.  Does anyone have a
clue as to what I should do here?

-Ricardo-

Re: Plan9 on xen

Charles Forsyth
>>The cursor hangs at the end of the "authid:" line.  Does anyone have a
>>clue as to what I should do here?

yes.  it seems it has worked to the point that the documentation for
plan 9 itself now applies.  see the section `CPU servers' in boot(8).
it is requesting the name of the host
owner for a cpu server.  the traditional one is `bootes'.  type it in.  it should
then prompt for the authentication domain, which might be
"mit.edu", then a "secstore key" (a password for
secstore(8) if you intend to use that, so make one up), and finally a password for
the machine itself, which it will use indirectly
to authenticate itself to its clients and the file server.
the system will store all that in some form on the nvram partition,
and will not usually ask you for it again.