Re: [Xen-devel] Query for running Xen on ARM

Re: [Xen-devel] Query for running Xen on ARM

Julien Grall-3
Hi,

Moving this discussion to Xen users.

Chaitanya, can you please configure your e-mail client to quote with '>'?

On 30/05/18 18:21, Chaitanya Deshpande wrote:

> On Wed, May 30, 2018 at 9:44 AM, Julien Grall <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     On 05/30/2018 05:18 PM, Stefano Stabellini wrote:
>
>         I am not sure what the problem is. I would compared your
>         partition table
>         with a standard Linux distro UEFI image [1] to see if there are any
>         important differences. Checkout the UEFI spec [2] section 13.3.1
>         onward
>         to read the details of the partitions and filesystem requirements.
>

>     I may have an idea of what's going on. Looking at the picture sent,
>     The disk you show seems to be the one used by your Ubuntu running in
>     VirtualBox. This seems to be confirmed by your previous e-mail where
>     you mention sda1. Am I right?
>
>     Chaitanya - Yes you are absolutely right. I have Virtualbox on which
> I am running Ubuntu.  And I have sda1 disk (bootable) which is FAT32
>     (1st partition for mapping fs0:).
>
>     You need to create that partition in the image used by QEMU. But
>     likely this will already be there if you use a pre-built image (e.g
>     ubuntu or else). I am assuming you were booting Linux using UEFI.
>

>    Chaitanya: I able to boot Linux through UEFI because I have root =
> rootfs.cpio which I created from buildroot. And in config file of Linux
> I have put INITRAMFS =        "rootfs.cpio" . So do you want me to give
> root=/dev/sda1 while booting Linux on qemu?

I don't understand what you are trying to achieve with creating a FAT
partition on your VBOX disk. The FAT partition should have been created
in the image for the guest. On that image you need multiple partition:
        1) FAT partition for UEFI
        2) EXT* (or else) partition(s) for your guest filesystem

This requires a bit of work to build your own UEFI image. You are better
to download a distro ready image [1] that could directly be used.

Cheers,

[1]
https://cloud-images.ubuntu.com/xenial/current/xenial-server-cloudimg-arm64-uefi1.img

--
Julien Grall

Re: [Xen-devel] Query for running Xen on ARM

Chaitanya Deshpande
Hi Julien, Stefano,

Thanks you so much for helping me. I able to boot xen.

Your help has been highly appreciated !!

After opening qemu in efi mode I was trapped in Grub mode so I just have to press esc from the start to remove myself from Grub mode to EFI Shell.

Cheers,
Chaitanya