Re: [Xen-users] Problem running xenmon

Bugzilla from diwaker.lists@gmail.com
On 1/13/06, Anand <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Once you have run those, go to the xenmon directory. Make sure xenbaked is
> copied to a directory which is in your path (xenmon.py needs that). I copied
> xenbaked to /usr/sbin/

If you are installing from source, then doing the regular make install
should copy all the binaries at appropriate locations. You should NOT
have to copy them yourself manually. On my machine, Xen puts its
binaries in /usr/local/sbin

> python xenmon.py

You should not have to do this either. If doing a 'make install', Xen
will make xenmon.py executable and the shell should automatically
invoke the python interpreter for you.

Can you please try running just 'xenmon.py' and see if that works for you?

Diwaker
--
Web/Blog/Gallery: http://floatingsun.net

Re: [Xen-users] Problem running xenmon

Anand Gupta
Oops. Sorry my instructions were from my devel box where i have xen 3,0 stable installed and xen unstable only compiled in a seperate directory and not installed. I just run what ever i need in it/ refer to it.

Thanks for the correction Diwaker.

On 1/14/06, Diwaker Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 1/13/06, Anand <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Once you have run those, go to the xenmon directory. Make sure xenbaked is
> copied to a directory which is in your path ( xenmon.py needs that). I copied
> xenbaked to /usr/sbin/

If you are installing from source, then doing the regular make install
should copy all the binaries at appropriate locations. You should NOT
have to copy them yourself manually. On my machine, Xen puts its
binaries in /usr/local/sbin

> python xenmon.py

You should not have to do this either. If doing a 'make install', Xen
will make xenmon.py executable and the shell should automatically
invoke the python interpreter for you.

Can you please try running just 'xenmon.py' and see if that works for you?

Diwaker
--
Web/Blog/Gallery: http://floatingsun.net

--