Re: netif_suspend / resume

Jacob Gorm Hansen
Kip Macy wrote:
> If you're not averse to GDB you can use the gdbserver to look at the
> state. If it is calling domain_crash you can enable coredump.
> Evidently some interface has changed that has broken gdbserver for the
> moment, but once I finish with -testing this weekend I'll probably get
> to submitting a patch.

Thanks, I would like to play with gdb and xen at some point. Actually, I
should probably rephrase my question:

xenlinux in unstable crashes after executing the following code, and I
don't think it should. Am I wrong?

     __cli();

     netif_suspend();
     time_suspend();
     ctrl_if_suspend();
     irq_suspend();

     irq_resume();
     ctrl_if_resume();
     time_resume();
     netif_resume();

     __sti();

/Jacob

Re: netif_suspend / resume

Keir Fraser

On 23 May 2005, at 23:27, Jacob Gorm Hansen wrote:

> Thanks, I would like to play with gdb and xen at some point. Actually,
> I should probably rephrase my question:
>
> xenlinux in unstable crashes after executing the following code, and I
> don't think it should. Am I wrong?

Some of the resume code assumes it is running in a new domain context
so that, for example, no event channels are bound to anything. Some of
these assumptions are probably biting you.

  -- Keir