Steps to run XenServer on ARM Platform

manish jaggi
Hi,

I am trying to find a tutorial to jumpstart installing XenServer / XCP
on an ARM 64bit platform.
Could the mailing list help.

-Regards
Manish

http://lists.xen.org/xen-users

Re: [Xen-devel] Steps to run XenServer on ARM Platform

Ian Campbell-10
On Fri, 2014-12-05 at 15:15 -0800, manish jaggi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to find a tutorial to jumpstart installing XenServer / XCP
> on an ARM 64bit platform.
> Could the mailing list help.

TTBOMK there has been no work done on an ARM64 port of XenServer/XCP at
this time and only minimal work done on ARM generally. If you want to
get this working then I think you are looking at doing a port (i.e. a
bunch of development work) not simply following an installation
tutorial.

However XenServer/XCP is developed separately from XenProject as Open
XenServer over at xenserver.org, I suggest one of the lists over there
would be the best place to start a discussion of a new arm64 port of
xenserver.

Ian.

http://lists.xen.org/xen-users

Re: [Xen-devel] Steps to run XenServer on ARM Platform

Stefano Stabellini-3
On Mon, 8 Dec 2014, Ian Campbell wrote:

> On Fri, 2014-12-05 at 15:15 -0800, manish jaggi wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am trying to find a tutorial to jumpstart installing XenServer / XCP
> > on an ARM 64bit platform.
> > Could the mailing list help.
>
> TTBOMK there has been no work done on an ARM64 port of XenServer/XCP at
> this time and only minimal work done on ARM generally. If you want to
> get this working then I think you are looking at doing a port (i.e. a
> bunch of development work) not simply following an installation
> tutorial.
>
> However XenServer/XCP is developed separately from XenProject as Open
> XenServer over at xenserver.org, I suggest one of the lists over there
> would be the best place to start a discussion of a new arm64 port of
> xenserver.

I think you might want to subscribe to [hidden email] and
start the discussion there, see:

http://lists.xen.org/xen-users

Re: [Xen-devel] Steps to run XenServer on ARM Platform

manish jaggi
On 8 December 2014 at 05:46, Stefano Stabellini
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Dec 2014, Ian Campbell wrote:
>> On Fri, 2014-12-05 at 15:15 -0800, manish jaggi wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I am trying to find a tutorial to jumpstart installing XenServer / XCP
>> > on an ARM 64bit platform.
>> > Could the mailing list help.
>>
>> TTBOMK there has been no work done on an ARM64 port of XenServer/XCP at
>> this time and only minimal work done on ARM generally. If you want to
>> get this working then I think you are looking at doing a port (i.e. a
>> bunch of development work) not simply following an installation
>> tutorial.
>>
>> However XenServer/XCP is developed separately from XenProject as Open
>> XenServer over at xenserver.org, I suggest one of the lists over there
>> would be the best place to start a discussion of a new arm64 port of
>> xenserver.

Just for my curiosity is XenServer/XCP on ARMv8 important for Citrix ?