Stretch port of xen-4.9 from Artful (17.10)

Stretch port of xen-4.9 from Artful (17.10)

Mark Pryor
List,

This build is now done. Nobody in Debian came forward to do it. Perhaps its coming in Buster.

On August 22, Stephen Bader build xen-4.9 for Artful according to the usual Debian approach: shortening the upstream xen-4.9 tarball by removing tools/qemu-xen* and extras/.

The Artful qemu-system-x86 (2.10) was built with those libxen-4.9 libs and headers.

To port that work to Stretch, I built the Artful xen-4.9 sources in Stretch pbuilder-chroot, then rebuilt the Stretch qemu (2.8) sources with the new libxen-4.9.

The build is here (with an install trace):

The trace demonstrates the new dom0 running with 5 Virtual Machines.

Someone had to try this port, so it might as well be me

PryMar56,
##xen-packaging on Freenode IRC