USB passtrough on xen 4.8

DRUILHE, Thomas (SOPRA STERIA GROUP SA)

Hello

I’m trying to use usb passtrough, dom0 is debian with xen 4.8 and domU is also a debian,

I manage my vm’s with virt manager, but when I attach an usb device (a sierra wireless modem) the device disappear from Dom0 but never appear in DomU

Is there something to do in domU to get the device ?

Thanks a lot

The information in this e-mail is confidential. The contents may not be disclosed or used by anyone other than the addressee. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised.
Airbus cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of this e-mail as it has been sent over public networks. If you have any concerns over the content of this message or its Accuracy or Integrity, please contact Airbus immediately.
All outgoing e-mails from Airbus are checked using regularly updated virus scanning software but you should take whatever measures you deem to be appropriate to ensure that this message and any attachments are virus free.

Re: USB passtrough on xen 4.8

Roger Pau Monné-3
On Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 08:49:34AM +0000, DRUILHE, Thomas (SOPRA STERIA GROUP SA) wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm trying to use usb passtrough, dom0 is debian with xen 4.8 and domU is also a debian,
> I manage my vm's with virt manager, but when I attach an usb device (a sierra wireless modem) the device disappear from Dom0 but never appear in DomU
> Is there something to do in domU to get the device ?

What does lspci show inside of the DomU? Is the DomU PV or HVM?

Can you try to use xl instead of libvirt? I have no idea of how
libvirt will try to attach the device.

Roger.

Re: USB passtrough on xen 4.8

TheMetMan
I am using xen 4.6 on CentOS 7 Dom0 with a Debian 8 DomU
I have a kernel option xen-pciback.passthrough=1 as one of my arguments in  /etc/default/grub under GRUB_CMDLINE_XEN_DEFAULT=
and my cfg file has the following lines in it pertaining to the USB Passthrough

extra = "root=/dev/xvda1 iommu=soft irqpoll"
pci=['00:1d.0,permissive=1,rdm_policy=relaxed,seize=1']

This is for a USB dongle and works fine.

Francis