Quantcast

Ubuntu 16.0.4 LTS boot crash on xen 4.6.5

Ubuntu 16.0.4 LTS boot crash on xen 4.6.5

domain

addr2line -f -e vmlinux ffffffff81f8ed2a
xen_relocate_p2m
mmu.c:2165 (discriminator 1)

We took some further investigations and found next code in the source
file mmu.c

         /* Release the old p2m list and set new list info. */
        p2m_pfn =
PFN_DOWN(xen_early_virt_to_phys(xen_start_info->mfn_list));
        BUG_ON(!p2m_pfn);

Does someone know why value of variable p2m_pfn is 0?

Is that the bug of Xen part of kernel or something else?

Re: Ubuntu 16.0.4 LTS boot crash on xen 4.6.5

Dario Faggioli-2
On Thu, 2017-03-30 at 14:31 +0300, [hidden email] wrote:

> addr2line -f -e vmlinux ffffffff81f8ed2a
> xen_relocate_p2m
> mmu.c:2165 (discriminator 1)
>
> We took some further investigations and found next code in the
> source
> file mmu.c
>
>          /* Release the old p2m list and set new list info. */
>         p2m_pfn =
> PFN_DOWN(xen_early_virt_to_phys(xen_start_info->mfn_list));
>         BUG_ON(!p2m_pfn);
>
> Does someone know why value of variable p2m_pfn is 0?
>
> Is that the bug of Xen part of kernel or something else?

So, assuming you haven't done this yet (sorry, I haven't checked), can
you report the details of the crash, and a summary of these findings of
yours, in an email to the xen-devel mailing-list?

I think, in this case, that's the proper place where to seek answers.

Since this is MM / P2M code, you may want to Cc people that takes care
of such code, i.e., probably, Jan Beulich, Andrew Cooper and George
Dunlap (for finding their email addresses, check the MAINTAINERS file
in Xen sources).

Regards,
Dario