VMS status report Nov.30 changset 8112

Shi, Kuiliang

Because window domain status is not good. So we want to stop report window domain status to xen source until the bug was fixed.

We have test latest xen on VT platform with Intel 915 chipset and Here is the test summary:

IA32:
    Build&Boot SMP xen0 without problem
    Can startup unmodified 2.4/2.6 linux on VMX domain
    Can startup VMX & Xen with different configuration
    Part of LTP runs well in VMX domain(2.6)

IA32E:
    Build&Boot SMP xen0 without problem
    Can startup unmodified 2.6 linux on VMX domain
    Can startup VMX & xenU with different configuration
    Part of LTP runs well in VMX domain(2.6)

Key issues of VMX domain:

        - Running 2 windows XP domains on same processor may cause 2nd XP to blue screen
        - Running windows XP domain on same processor as Dom0 may cause the windows domain to blue screen.
        - IA32 VMX domain can not work on IA32E platform

Other issues:

        Install windows xp with add lapic=1 will crash guest OS
        Install HCT from CDROM on windows xp guest may crash guest OS
        "vcpu-pin" will cause service OS hang
  Installations of SUSE10 IA32, FC2 IA32 failed on both IA32 and IA32e hosts.
        Installations of RHEL3U5 IA32e, FC2 IA32e and SUSE 10 IA32e failed on IA32e host.

For details:
--------------------------------
Platform: ia32
Default guest OS: ia32, 2.4 kernel