Virtualising on decentralised bare metal

Virtualising on decentralised bare metal

doa379
Hi,

I'm interested in Xen as a bare metal hypervisor. I have three or four
distinct hardware devices each with reasonably competent hardware specs
for the required use case. I was interested to know if I can combine
these distinct devices into a single cluster? How does one go about
conceptualising this with Xen?

So I am thinking I would have Xen up and running on a master device.
Then somehow getting the other devices to boot instances off the master
device and each device running their own instance of a Linux image say.

Alternatively what's the best way to combine various bare metals into a
single hardware unit?