Where is xc_evtchn_bind_interdomain() method?

Where is xc_evtchn_bind_interdomain() method?

Ian Brown-4
Hello,
I have the last version of unstable; the method
xc_evtchn_bind_interdomain() was in the past in
/tools/libxc/xc_evtchn.c
but now xc_evtchn.c contains only 2 non-static methods:
xc_evtchn_alloc_unbound()
and xc_evtchn_status().

Why was it removed ?

Regards,
IB

Re: Where is xc_evtchn_bind_interdomain() method?

Keir Fraser

On 15 Oct 2005, at 11:11, Ian Brown wrote:

> Hello,
> I have the last version of unstable; the method
> xc_evtchn_bind_interdomain() was in the past in
> /tools/libxc/xc_evtchn.c
> but now xc_evtchn.c contains only 2 non-static methods:
> xc_evtchn_alloc_unbound()
> and xc_evtchn_status().
>
> Why was it removed ?

You should bind via /dev/xen/evtchn using
IOCTL_EVTCHN_BIND_INTERDOMAIN. Definitions are grabbed from #include
<xen/linux/evtchn.h>.

See usage in tools/console/daemon/io.c for a simple example.

(The advantage of the new scheme is that the device will automatically
close the local evtchn port when you close the device (manually or when
your process exits)).

  -- Keir