XCP 1.1 RC

Jonathan Ludlam
Hi all,

XCP 1.1 Release Candidate is ready to be tested. Changes since Beta:

* License expiry crept back in. It has now crept out again.
* For OpenStack and others, support for ebtables and other netfilter options have been added to the kernel
* License restrictions (e.g. memory checks) have been removed
* Xapi version override feature has been added back in

Please give this a good test, and if it's all OK I propose to call this XCP 1.1 final.

The ISOs are available here:

http://downloads.xen.org/XCP/50674/index.html

Cheers,

Jon

Re: XCP 1.1 RC - Is there xcp tutorial available?

Mark Schneider
Am 21.09.2011 13:02, schrieb Jonathan Ludlam:

> Hi all,
>
> XCP 1.1 Release Candidate is ready to be tested. Changes since Beta:
>
> * License expiry crept back in. It has now crept out again.
> * For OpenStack and others, support for ebtables and other netfilter options have been added to the kernel
> * License restrictions (e.g. memory checks) have been removed
> * Xapi version override feature has been added back in
>
> Please give this a good test, and if it's all OK I propose to call this XCP 1.1 final.
>
> The ISOs are available here:
>
> http://downloads.xen.org/XCP/50674/index.html
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jon

> http://lists.xensource.com/xen-users

Thank you for the great software (xcp 1.1 rc).

I have just successfully installed it on HP DL385 g7 server with two
Opteron 6180SE CPUs, 32GB RAM and local RAID5.

Where can I find a tutorial with step-by-step description for creating
new HVMs?
I have used already some documentation for xen server however I am not
sure if it is appropriate.

Further more info what can be tested (like PCI pass through, interface
bonding, performance tests etc) would make sense.

Regards / thank you,
Mark

Re: XCP 1.1 RC

meesterlars
A mention on xen.org or blog.xen.org would draw more attention to the RC, don't you think?

Re: XCP 1.1 RC

Todd Deshane-2
On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 10:48 AM, meesterlars <[hidden email]> wrote:
> A mention on xen.org or blog.xen.org would draw more attention to the RC,
> don't you think?

Do you want working code or blog post?

Here at xen.org, you can have both:

http://blog.xen.org/index.php/2011/09/23/xcp-1-1-rc1/

--
Todd Deshane
http://www.linkedin.com/in/deshantm

Re: XCP 1.1 RC

meesterlars
Neato. I know I'm not the only one refreshing xen.org and the blog a few times a day. Looking forward to the full release like you can't believe.