XEN installation error messages seem ambiguous

XEN installation error messages seem ambiguous

Cuong Le
Hi, I installed XEN on RedHat 9 and experienced the following problem
when running "xend". I tried to reinstall twisted, python,...everything
seem just fine, but could not understand why these errors occured:

/********************************************************************
ERROR: Could not obtain handle on privileged command interface (2 = No
such file or directory)
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/sbin/xend", line 27, in ?
     from xen.xend.server import SrvDaemon
   File "/usr/lib/python/xen/xend/server/SrvDaemon.py", line 41, in ?
     import channel
   File "/usr/lib/python/xen/xend/server/channel.py", line 3, in ?
     import xen.lowlevel.xc; xc = xen.lowlevel.xc.new()
xen.lowlevel.xc.error: (2, 'No such file or directory')
**********************************************************************/

The error message "ERROR: Could not obtain handle on privileged command
interface (2 = No such file or directory)" appears to be very ambiguous
to me.

Would very much appreciate your help.
Lee

Re: XEN installation error messages seem ambiguous

Nguyen Anh Quynh
On 6/22/05, Cuong Le <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, I installed XEN on RedHat 9 and experienced the following problem
> when running "xend". I tried to reinstall twisted, python,...everything
> seem just fine, but could not understand why these errors occured:
>
> /********************************************************************
> ERROR: Could not obtain handle on privileged command interface (2 = No
> such file or directory)
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "/usr/sbin/xend", line 27, in ?
>      from xen.xend.server import SrvDaemon
>    File "/usr/lib/python/xen/xend/server/SrvDaemon.py", line 41, in ?
>      import channel
>    File "/usr/lib/python/xen/xend/server/channel.py", line 3, in ?
>      import xen.lowlevel.xc; xc = xen.lowlevel.xc.new()
> xen.lowlevel.xc.error: (2, 'No such file or directory')
> **********************************************************************/
>
> The error message "ERROR: Could not obtain handle on privileged command
> interface (2 = No such file or directory)" appears to be very ambiguous
> to me.

looks like you are not booting in xen? xend would refuse to run under
non-xen kernel.

what is the result of "uname -a" ?

regards,
aq

Re: XEN installation error messages seem ambiguous

Cuong Le
Yes, that is the problem. Thank very much for your advice.
Lee