Xen 2.0.6 released!

Ian Pratt

Folks,

The Xen team are pleased to announce the release of Xen 2.0.6 !

This release includes support for Linux versions 2.6.11.10 and 2.4.30,
NetBSD 2.0 and FreeBSD 5.3, along with many bug fixes. In particular:

 * a fix to a nasty VM relocation bug
 * several AGP/DRM fixes
 * block device performance fix
 * CDROM and floppy fixes
 * better hyperthreading support
 * misc tool hardening and improved default security

We would recommend everyone to upgrade to 2.0.6 as soon as possible.
You can download the install and source tar balls from
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/netos/xen/ and access the BK repository at
http://xen.bkbits.net/xen-2.0.bk

RPMs and a new demo CD will be available in due course.

Early in June we will be releasing the 3.0-testing series, which is the
first step toward the 3.0.0 release. There are a number of important
architectural changes in the 3.0 development tree, and we'll be creating
the testing series as soon as 32 bit x86 (<4GB) support has the full
feature superset of 2.0, with a good level of stability and enhanced
performance (including SMP guest support). Other ports such as x86_64
and x86 >8GB support will not have the same level of maturity, but
hopefully this will be achieved through extensive testing and continuing
development over the coming weeks.

Best,
The Xen Team

http://lists.xensource.com/xen-announce