Xen 2.0 testing: some sort of DMA failure for TV card

Xen 2.0 testing: some sort of DMA failure for TV card

Rainer Schöpf
Hi,

I've been trying xen (2.0-testing) on different hardware. Everything works
fine so far, except on my system at home: the Haupauge PVR 250 TV card
(with hardware mpeg encoder) does not work with xen.

The ivtv for that card driver seems to work as such: if I turn on
debugging, I see the interrupts and everything. Only the DMA transfers to
get the mpeg data out of the card get a timeout. Here the debugging output
is not really helpful.

I suspect the ivtv driver does something it isn't allowed to do even in
dom0.

How should I proceed to find out where the problem lies?

  Rainer Schöpf

Re: Xen 2.0 testing: some sort of DMA failure for TV card

David Muench
Hmm. I have 3 PVR-250's in my dom0 and they're running great. I'm
using ivtv 0.2.0-rc3j and xen 2.0.6. I haven't tried presenting them
to a domU yet, but that is my eventual plan, to migrate my mythtv
backend to a domU.

Dave

--
David Muench - [hidden email]
Jabber ID: [hidden email]

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005, David Muench wrote:

 > Hmm. I have 3 PVR-250's in my dom0 and they're running great. I'm
 > using ivtv 0.2.0-rc3j and xen 2.0.6. I haven't tried presenting them
 > to a domU yet, but that is my eventual plan, to migrate my mythtv
 > backend to a domU.

Ahh, good to know, thanks.

I'll play around some more then.

 Rainer