Xen 4.9 rc4

Julien Grall-3
Hi all,

Xen 4.9 rc4 is tagged. You can check that out from xen.git:

 git://xenbits.xen.org/xen.git 4.9.0-rc4

For your convenience there is also a tarball at:
https://downloads.xenproject.org/release/xen/4.9.0-rc4/xen-4.9.0-rc4.tar.gz

And the signature is at:
https://downloads.xenproject.org/release/xen/4.9.0-rc4/xen-4.9.0-rc4.tar.gz.sig

Please send bug reports and test reports to
[hidden email]. When sending bug reports, please CC
relevant maintainers and me ([hidden email]).

As a reminder, there will be another Xen Test Day tomorrow (Tuesday 9th May),
for the instructions see:

https://blog.xenproject.org/2017/04/13/announcing-xen-project-4-9-rc-and-test-day-schedule/

Julien Grall

Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.9 rc4

Andrii Anisov
Dear Julien,

On 08.05.17 21:41, Julien Grall wrote:
> As a reminder, there will be another Xen Test Day tomorrow (Tuesday 9th May),
> for the instructions see:
>
> https://blog.xenproject.org/2017/04/13/announcing-xen-project-4-9-rc-and-test-day-schedule/
>
> Cheers,

I'm asked to perform a XEN 4.9.0-rcX testing on Renesas R-Car Gen3 board
(Salvator-X, H3).

Could you please clarify if this [1] is still relevant?
And if the smoke test described here [2] is enough for RC testing?

[1]
https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_4.9_RC_test_instructions#Specific_ARM_Test_Instructions
[2] https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_ARM_Manual_Smoke_Test

--

*Andrii Anisov*

Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.9 rc4

Andrii Anisov
Hello All,

On 08.05.17 21:41, Julien Grall wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Xen 4.9 rc4 is tagged. You can check that out from xen.git:
>
>   git://xenbits.xen.org/xen.git 4.9.0-rc4

With the build fix patch [1] the RC is tested on M3ULCB (Renesas M3)
board [2].
System build done with Yocto.

Following is functional:
     - Dom0 run
     - DomU (with no HW) run
     - PV NET function - DomU runs with NFS root
     - PV Block function - in DomU copy from xvda to NFS root folder.

It was not performed raisin test because raisin failed to start on Yocto
issued system, i.e.:
     root@m3ulcb-domx:~/raisin# ./raise test
     No config file found, copying default config
     [raisin] I don't know distro unknown. It might be missing packages.
     [raisin] I don't know distro unknown. It might be missing packages.
     [raisin] I don't know distro unknown. Cannot install packages.

[1]
https://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2017-05/msg01540.html
[2] http://elinux.org/R-Car/Boards/M3SK

--