Xen Debugging through Lauterbach on ARMv8

Xen Debugging through Lauterbach on ARMv8

Waseem, Amna

Hello,

Has anybody even debugged xen via Lauterbach on ARMv8?

Any Help would be appreciated.

Best regards

Amna

Re: Xen Debugging through Lauterbach on ARMv8

Julien Grall-3
On 25/04/2017 13:50, Waseem, Amna wrote:
> Hello,

Hello,

> Has anybody even debugged xen via Lauterbach on ARMv8?

I haven't tried Lauterbach. Do you have any specific issue with it?

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall

Re: Xen Debugging through Lauterbach on ARMv8

Waseem, Amna

Hello Julien,

I want to debug Xen hypervisor and its page tables. Is there a sample .cmm script that I can used for debugging already running system.

Best Regards
Amna
On 25/04/2017 13:50, Waseem, Amna wrote:
> Hello,

Hello,

> Has anybody even debugged xen via Lauterbach on ARMv8?

I haven't tried Lauterbach. Do you have any specific issue with it?

Cheers,

> Any Help would be appreciated.
>

> Best regards
>
> Amna

> https://lists.xen.org/xen-users

--
Julien Grall

Re: Xen Debugging through Lauterbach on ARMv8

Julien Grall-3
(CC Volodymyr)

On 26/04/17 13:15, Waseem, Amna wrote:

> Hello Julien,

Hello Amna,

> I want to debug Xen hypervisor and its page tables. Is there a sample .cmm script that I can used for debugging already running system.

Volodymyr seems to have used Lauterbach with Xen. I have CCed to know if
he can share some details.

Julien Grall

Re: Xen Debugging through Lauterbach on ARMv8

Volodymyr Babchuk
Hello Amna, Julien,

> Volodymyr seems to have used Lauterbach with Xen. I have CCed to know if he
> can share some details.
Sorry, I missed this message in the ML.

Actually, it is pretty straightforward. I can't share my full script
due to NDA, but idea is following:

1) Attach to already booted board. You need to configure Trace32 to
not to reset board after attach:
SYStem.Option.EnReset off
System.UP

2) Break system while in Hypervisor mode. Just break and check CPU
state register. If it is in EL0/EL1 - try again

3) Load symbols:
SYStem.Option ZoneSPACES ON
Data.LOAD.Elf /home/lorc/work/...../xen/xen-syms /NoCODE /RELOC .text
AT H:0x200000

And that's all.

Debugging hypervisor itself is not a problem. Problem is to debug
multiple guests at the same time. Lauterbach promises to add such
feature, but it is not completed yet.

--
WBR Volodymyr Babchuk aka lorc [+380976646013]
mailto: [hidden email]

Re: Xen Debugging through Lauterbach on ARMv8

Waseem, Amna
Hello,

Thanks a lot. I have been able to debug the Xen Hypervisor on ARMv8 via Lauterbach.