Xen Enhancement

Rajendra Bele
Dear Friends

 I am interested for research in virtualization ; i wanted to identify some algorithms and enhance them;

can anybody help me for following activities

1. Install Xen on laptop

2. Add open source os to create virtualization environment

3. check performance with current souce code

4. Identify algorithms associated with existing

5. Identify performance bottlenecks with current algorithms

6. Modify algorithms and implement code

7. execute the code and check performance

I will be more happy if abybody guides me to conduct above research plan

Thanking you

http://lists.xen.org/xen-devel

Re: Xen Enhancement

Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk
On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 03:05:46PM +0530, Rajendra Bele wrote:
> Dear Friends
>
>  I am interested for research in virtualization ; i wanted to identify some
> algorithms and enhance them;

OK, so you are looking at fixing bugs. Great!

> can anybody help me for following activities
>
> 1. Install Xen on laptop
>
> 2. Add open source os to create virtualization environment
>
> 3. check performance with current souce code
>
> 4. Identify algorithms associated with existing
>
> 5. Identify performance bottlenecks with current algorithms
>
> 6. Modify algorithms and implement code
>
> 7. execute the code and check performance
>
> I will be more happy if abybody guides me to conduct above research plan

Are you still interested in this?

> Thanking you

http://lists.xen.org/xen-devel

Re: Xen Enhancement

Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk
On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 02:33:50PM +0545, Rajendra Bele wrote:
> yes i am interested in this research

Ok, lets put xen-devel back on the CC.
.. snip..
> >> can anybody help me for following activities
> >>
> >> 1. Install Xen on laptop

That should be easy. Just install Fedora Core 17 and
run 'yum install xen'

> >> 2. Add open source os to create virtualization environment

Like Linux?

> >> 3. check performance with current souce code
> >>
> >> 4. Identify algorithms associated with existing
> >>
> >> 5. Identify performance bottlenecks with current algorithms
> >>
> >> 6. Modify algorithms and implement code
> >>
> >> 7. execute the code and check performance

So .. may I suggest a different path. Try installing Fedora
Core 17 and just try installing a guest - using virt-install.

Then come back and I can give you an idea of where we
know there are bottlenecks.

http://lists.xen.org/xen-devel