[Xen-Users] USB passthrough and WiFi access

[Xen-Users] USB passthrough and WiFi access

Vikram K
Hi,

1. We are using Hikey960 board.
2. Xen version is 4.8
3. Linux kernel version is 4.14

We want to add/pass-through USB devices to DomU. From the below link I understood that there is no USB back and front driver support in latest kernel. But PVUSB support is added to xl tools since Xen 4.7. Please provide pointers on to achieve USB pass-through and hotplug.

Also we want share wireless internet between Dom0 and DomU. To achieve this what configuration we need to?

--
Thanks & Regards
VKS#436

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual(s) named. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this mail and attached file/s is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secured or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.

Re: [Xen-Users] USB passthrough and WiFi access

Juergen Gross-3
On 07/09/18 08:11, Vikram K wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 1. We are using Hikey960 board.
> 2. Xen version is 4.8
> 3. Linux kernel version is 4.14
>
> We want to add/pass-through USB devices to DomU. From the below link I
> understood that there is no USB back and front driver support in latest
> kernel. But PVUSB support is added to *xl* tools since Xen 4.7. Please
> provide pointers on to achieve USB pass-through and hotplug.
> https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_USB_Passthrough
> <https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_USB_Passthrough>
You will need the Linux PVUSB frontend module, which I haven't had
time to upstream yet. Major blocking point was a lack of documentation
of the Xen pv ring protocol the usb maintainer wanted to see first.

I've attached a fairly recent version of the patches in case you want
to build your own kernel with the driver added.

Juergen

0001-usb-Add-Xen-pvUSB-protocol-description.patch (9K) Download Attachment
0002-usb-Introduce-Xen-pvUSB-frontend-xen-hcd.patch (44K) Download Attachment