Quantcast

Xen and CUDA Virtualization

PriyaSehgal

Hello,
I am new to Xen and I have class project to develop in Virtualization course. One of these projects in about nVidia CUDA Virtualization.

As far as I understand from the architecuture of Xen, for virtualizing CUDA on Xen, I will have to prepare a back-end (for Dom 0) and front-end (for Dom U) drivers for CUDA. Is this right?

Also, from where can we get the source code of latest nVidia Driver - I could only locate their pkg.run file, which install the driver to the machine.

Thanks and Regards,
Priya.

Re: Xen and CUDA Virtualization

Samuel Thibault
Hello,

priya sehgal, le Sat 28 Feb 2009 09:38:45 +0530, a écrit :
> I am new to Xen and I have class project to develop in Virtualization course. One of these projects in about nVidia CUDA Virtualization.

Mmm, just to let you know: there are already some projects achieving
this: vCUDA (Hunan University, CN, at IPDPS 2009) and GViM (Georgia IT).

> As far as I understand from the architecuture of Xen, for virtualizing CUDA on Xen, I will have to prepare a back-end (for Dom 0) and front-end (for Dom U) drivers for CUDA. Is this right?

Yes.

> Also, from where can we get the source code of latest nVidia Driver - I could only locate their pkg.run file, which install the driver to the machine.

nVidia Drivers are proprietary software, not opensource software.

Samuel

Re: Xen and CUDA Virtualization

priyanka-9
hello,

The following paper explains the Georgia Tech GPU virtualization effort (GViM):
http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~vishakha/files/GViM.pdf

thanks,
Priyanka