Xen locks up when copying file over network...

Xen locks up when copying file over network...

Navid Khalili
Hi all,

        I have a Dell 2850 with xen 2.0.7 installed.  The 2850 uses a PERC4/Di
raid on motherboard, I have the current  kernel modules compiled:

> CONFIG_MEGARAID_NEWGEN
> CONFIG_MEGARAID_MM
> CONFIG_MEGARAID_MAILBOX

        When copying files over the network, the entire machine (dom0) hangs,
no error message, nothing.  Any suggestions?  I can ssh into other
machines fine, it seems to hang when both the NIC and the RAID are
working together....

Thanks in advance,

Navid Khalili

Re: Xen locks up when copying file over network...

Kip Macy
This is a known problem on the 2850. My memory fails me at the moment
on the specifics but if I recall correctly disabling USB in the BIOS
fixes this. There was also a discussion in the archives on an IRQ
balancing patch which may not have been backported.

You will be best served by checking the archives.

         -Kip