Xen on Epyc?

Linus van Geuns
Hi,

is there any documentation/articles related to Xen on AMD Epyc CPUs already?

Gruß, Linus

Re: Xen on Epyc?

Linus van Geuns
Hi,

On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 3:24 PM, Linus van Geuns <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

is there any documentation/articles related to Xen on AMD Epyc CPUs already?

since information regarding Xen on Epyc is still hard to find, I wanted to share some regarding Xen 4.10 on Epyc 7501 (2x32C/64T, 512GByte RAM):
https://gist.github.com/Nirkus/722d74a737852d9bedff852ee3b8f3e4 (xl dmesg and xl info)

Time on the test hardware was limited, so I can basically tell anyone looking at Xen on Epyc:
- Creattion and basic network interaction with 56 PVHv2 domUs (2vCPUs and 8GByte of RAM each) worked
- dom0 and PVHv2 domU kernel was 4.14 (Debian linux-image-4.14.0-0.bpo.3-amd64 on Debian 9.3 "stretch")
- xl save and restore of two PVHv2 domUs worked

TLDR: Enough parts working already to invest more time and evaluate performance and stability of the platform.

Gruß, Linus