Xen on X86

Nikola Stojkov

Hello,

We are starting the project with X86 CPU, and we have consideration to use Hypervisor for following reasons:

·         Isolating CPU Cores for hard real time dedicated tasks (CPU Core fast response to IRQ and deterministic behaviour)

·         Running Bare-metal applications on isolated CPU Cores

We need Linux OS on one CPU Core to be housekeeping OS, initializing other isolated CPU Cores to start applications. We are also having in mind to use PCIe for DMA to/from FPGA board.

Is this applicable to Xen ?

Thank you for your time.

With best regards,

Nikola