debian jessie crash

James Harper
I just upgraded to the latest packages from Jessie on my test server and now it won't boot.

Xen 4.1 (debian 4.1.4-4) and 4.3 (debian 4.3.0-3+b1) won't boot with 3.12 (debian 3.12.6-2)
Xen 4.3 won't boot with 3.11 (debian 3.11.10-1)
Haven't tried Xen 4.1 with either

3.12 works by itself without loading the hypervisor.

Xen 4.3 was working with 3.11, so I'm really not sure what has broken it.

Any obvious suggestions before I go gathering more information?

The server is a HP ML115 with a AMD 1210 processor, so is getting on a bit but still good for testing.

Thanks

James

http://lists.xen.org/xen-users

Re: debian jessie crash

Ian Campbell-10
On Fri, 2014-01-10 at 04:59 +0000, James Harper wrote:
> Any obvious suggestions before I go gathering more information?

I think we will need some logs I'm afraid.

http://lists.xen.org/xen-users

Re: debian jessie crash

James Harper

> On Fri, 2014-01-10 at 04:59 +0000, James Harper wrote:
> > Any obvious suggestions before I go gathering more information?
>
> I think we will need some logs I'm afraid.

After booting into plain Linux, and then back into xen, I can no longer reproduce the problem.

The only thing I can think of is that xen fails to boot linux from a power on until Linux without xen has been booted. It's a bit of a long shot though.

The machine does have a <1.0 spec USB3 card in it, which has given me trouble before.

I'll see if I can investigate further later in the week.

James
http://lists.xen.org/xen-users