dom0_mem more flexible?

Bugzilla from marcus.hardt@iwr.fzk.de
Hi There,

just a short question about dom0_mem: It would be nice for me if it was more
flexible, i.e. run my WS in dom0 with all the RAM available and only reducing
that RAM whenever I want to start a domU.

Is this supported?
Is this planned?

Thank you,
--
Marcus

Re: dom0_mem more flexible?

Ralph Passgang
thats supported in xen3... just don't assign memory to your dom0 by don't
using the dom0_mem boot parameter and your dom0 will use almost the complete
available RAM.

If you start domU's, then the required amount of RAM is ballooned out of dom0
and will be used in your domU automaticlly.

The minimum amount of RAM, which dom0 will keep is configured
in /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp.

--Ralph

Am Freitag, 13. Januar 2006 14:58 schrieb Marcus Hardt:

> Hi There,
>
> just a short question about dom0_mem: It would be nice for me if it was
> more flexible, i.e. run my WS in dom0 with all the RAM available and only
> reducing that RAM whenever I want to start a domU.
>
> Is this supported?
> Is this planned?
>
> Thank you,

RE: dom0_mem more flexible?

Ian Pratt
> just a short question about dom0_mem: It would be nice for me
> if it was more flexible, i.e. run my WS in dom0 with all the
> RAM available and only reducing that RAM whenever I want to
> start a domU.
>
> Is this supported?

In basic form, yes. See dom0-min-mem in xend-config.sxp

Ian