gfx-passthrough in qubesOS

Doesnt Work
Hello XEN-users!

I'm running a QubesOS 4.0, a security focused xen-derived operating system.

I'm trying to start a windows-VM with an Nvidia-gfx attached using xl
command line tools. I believe I've almost got it, but the nvidia-driver
doesn't correctly detect it.

What I've done so far: enabled pciback, successfully launched vm with
gfx attached as pci-device and played around with all settings in my
win7.cfg I could think of.
However, whenever I start the vm, windows detects the gfx as "3D graphic
acceleration", not nvidia-device. (which is, I believe, why the driver
doesn't detect it.)

I found a guide how to pass through gfx with kvm which, the internet
claims, is applicable to my model:
https://gist.github.com/Misairu-G/616f7b2756c488148b7309addc940b28
An important step there is to specify the sub-vendor and sub-device id.
There is even a link how the libvirt-setup should look like:
https://gist.github.com/anonymous/500f1edf89d6f22c40bd2cbbdec6490b (I
believe the relevant part is at the very end, the qemu:commandline block)

Is it possible to specify these ids using xl-commandline tools as well?
Or am I completely wrong about the problem-source?

sincerely
  GammaSQ

Re: gfx-passthrough in qubesOS

Doesnt Work
I have since compiled a custom kernel, with the option
CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_BACKEND=y, to no avail.
Technically, the wiki specifies XEN_PCIDEV_BACKEND (no CONFIG), but
since all option started with "CONFIG" and the old kernel had
CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_BACKEND=m set, I belive the wiki has a typo? Can
anybody confirm this? (Since building takes quite some time, I'm
reluctant to just try it out.)

sincerely
  GammaSQ