hvmloader problems?

sandbox-2
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: hvmloader problems?

Keir Fraser-4
On 19/05/2011 17:32, "henanwxr" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all, I have some puzzle about hvmloader in the path /tools/firmware/, they
> are:
> 1: Is hvmloader running in non-root mode?

Yes.

> 2: If hvmloader runs in non-root mode, does it have its pagetable? when set
> GUEST_CR3 in vmcs?

It runs in 32-bit protected mode, but with paging disabled. Hence it never
sets GUEST_CR3.

> 3: How can I find the value of GUEST_RIP in vmcs is set to the entry point of
> hvmloader,when virtual machine do it first vm entry.

It doesn't get changed from its initial value of zero. Execution starts at
0x0 and immediately executes a JMP to the actual start address. The JMP is
inserted by tools/libxc/xc_hvm_build.c (just search in there for JMP).

 -- Keir