Quantcast

net card num icrease in domu

unknown
hello people!
I was confronted with the limitation of the number of network cards (no more than eight).
I need ten net card in domu..
how to increase the number of network interfaces in domu?

Either exist solving this problem differently: is it possible to throw a trunk interface from dom0 to domu?
Thanks.

Re: net card num icrease in domu

Simon Hobson-3
unknown <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I was confronted with the limitation of the number of network cards (no more
> than eight).

I was wondering if I'd be hitting a limit - I'm almost up to that with one system

> I need ten net card in domu..
> how to increase the number of network interfaces in domu?
>
> Either exist solving this problem differently: is it possible to throw a
> trunk interface from dom0 to domu?

According to mentions in here in the past, you can with vswitch but not with "native' bridging/networking.

Re: net card num icrease in domu

unknown
Simon Hobson-3 wrote
unknown <[hidden email]> wrote:

According to mentions in here in the past, you can with vswitch but not with "native' bridging/networking.

i.e, the tag will be only within the virtual swtch?
This is the problem!
How then to "connect" tags from a real cisco switch and virtual? :(

Re: net card num icrease in domu

Simon Hobson-2
unknown <[hidden email]> wrote:

> i.e, the tag will be only within the virtual swtch?
> This is the problem!
> How then to "connect" tags from a real cisco switch and virtual? :(

AIUI:
With the "native" networking, you can only run a tagged trunk between the Dom0 host and the external switch. Internally, each VLAN would need it's own bridge - and hence separate virtual NIC for the DomU
With vswitch, you can run a tagged virtual switch and a tagged trunk to the DomU.

I suggest you search the archives for previous discussions of vswitch. I vaguely recall that it didn't seem too complicated to do - but at the time it wasn't relevant to me and I didn't go further than following the discussions.