Quantcast

pfsense HVM domU and quad nic without pci passthrough

pfsense HVM domU and quad nic without pci passthrough

Christoph Kaminski

Hi!

I want to use pfsense (freebsd based router) in a hvm domU. I have there
a quad nic pcie card and want to use these 4 ports only for pfsense. I
cant use pci passthrough for this because this system doesnt support
vt-d. What ist the best way to use these nics exclusively for the
pfsense domU? Do I still need to use bridge mode?

Re: pfsense HVM domU and quad nic without pci passthrough

Simon Hobson-2
Christoph <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I want to use pfsense (freebsd based router) in a hvm domU. I have there a quad nic pcie card and want to use these 4 ports only for pfsense. I cant use pci passthrough for this because this system doesnt support vt-d. What ist the best way to use these nics exclusively for the pfsense domU? Do I still need to use bridge mode?

I usually just create a bridge for each NIC. Don't add an address to it in Dom0 and the DomU will have near enough exclusive access to it.